jueves, 18 de agosto de 2011

ACTIVITY MODAL VERBS FOR 10°

ACTIVITY

A. Write "Can" or "May" to complete the sentences:

1. My boss ________ speak English very fluently

2. You ________ take my dictionary for your exam (formal)

3. Your sister ________ come with us to the cinema. It depends on your mother (formal)

4. You ________ open the bottle with that corkscrew

5. You ________ use my computer if you want (formal)

6. ________ you bring me a glass of water, please?

7. My father is very strong, he ________ lift 100 kg

8. You ________ enter the party with this invitation

9. You ________ find that book in the Central Library

10. ________ I switch on the light? I would like to read the newspaper (informal)


B. Write "Can" / "Could" to complete the sentences:


1. ________ I watch the football match in your house? (informal)

2. When I asked him, he said his daughter ________ come with us to the party

3. You are very strong, I am sure that you ________ lift a weight of 75 kilos

4. I told my son that it was too late and he ________ not go to the party

5. My father was very fit; he ________ run a mile in less than 4 minutes

6. ________ I open the window? It is very hot in here (formal)

7. The anaesthetist asked the doctor if he ________ postpone the operation for at least one hour

8. The soldiers are very tired. Please, tell them that they ________ rest for two hours

9. James says that his daughter ________ come with us to the cinema

10. In this building you ________ not smoke


C. Write "Must" / “Should" to complete the sentences:

1. It is very cold, we ________ light the fire (a father to his son)

2. You ________ go to bed now. It is very late (obligation)

3. You ________ come back home before midnight

4. If I want to do a master, I ________ study a lot

5. The neighbours complained and the police told us that we ________ to turn the music down

6. This is a secret; you ________ not say anything about it

7. You look very tired. You ________ rest

8. (A mother to her son) You ________ change your clothes; they are very dirty

9. During the exam you ________ not speak to your classmates

10. (A boss to his employee) You ________ finish your report before 4 o'clock


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario