lunes, 10 de septiembre de 2012

PRONOUNS FOR 11º

ACTIVITY

A. Replace the words in brackets by the correct personal pronouns

1. My name is Sue. (Sue) ____ am English. And this is my family.
2. My mum's name is Angie. (Angie)_____ is from Germany.
3. Bob is my dad. (My dad) _____ is a waiter.
4. On the left you can see Simon. (Simon) ______ is my brother.
5. (Sue and Simon) _____ are twins.
6. Our dog is a girl, Judy. (Judy) ______ is two years old.
7. (Sue, Simon, Angie and Bob) ______ live in Canterbury.
8. (Canterbury) _____ is not far from London.
9. My grandparents live in London. (My grandparents) _____ often come and see us.
10. Mery is my sister.
_____ is beautiful
B. Write the correct reflexive pronouns: myself - yourself - himself - herself - itself - ourselves - yourselves - themselves

1) Robert made this T-shirt _______
2) Lisa did the homework ____________
3) We helped _______ to some cola at the party.
4) Emma, did you take the photo all by _________ ?
5) I wrote this poem ___________
6) He cut _______ with the knife while he was doing the dishes.
7) The lion can defend ____________
8) My mother often talks ______________ .
9) Alice and Doris collected the stickers _____________
10) I did not want to believe it and then I saw the UFO _______________.
11) The girl looked at ________ in the mirror.
12) Freddy, you'll have to do your homework ______________.
13) You don't need to help them. They can do it ______________.
14) I introduced ___________ to my new neighbour.
15) Boys, can you make your beds ____________?
16) She made ____________ a pullover.
17) What happens when a fighting fish sees ___________ in the mirror?
18) The father decided to repair the car ______________.
19) We can move the table _______________.
20) My neighbour fixed the roof by __________.
C.
Which object form of the personal pronoun can substitute the underlined phrase in the sentence?
1) The teacher always gives the students homework.
 a. me
 b. them
 c. you

2) I am reading the book to my little sister.
 a. her
 b. us
 c. him

3) The boys are riding their bikes.
a. it
b. them
 c. her

4) My father is writing a letter to John.
 a. me
 b. her
 c. him

5) I don't know the answer.
 a. she
 b. her
c. it

6) Sally is going to Anne.
 a. her
 b. him
c.  me

7) Open the window, please.
a. it
 b. them
 c. us

8) Can you tell the people the way to the airport, please?
a.  you
 b. them
c.  us

9) The books are for Peter.
 a. him
 b. her
 c. you

10) Can you help my sister and me, please?
 a. her
 b. me
c. us

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario