miércoles, 8 de agosto de 2018

ACTIVITY REPORTED SPEECH FOR 11

REPORTED SPEECH
Related to time expressions is important to considerate this table
Here's a table of some possible conversions:
nowthen / at that time
todayyesterday / that day / Tuesday / the 27th of June
yesterdaythe day before yesterday / the day before / Wednesday / the 5th of December
last nightthe night before, Thursday night
last weekthe week before / the previous week
tomorrowtoday / the next day / the following day / Friday


ACTIVITY

Finish the given sentences in reported speech.


1.    John: "Mandy is at home."
John said (that)

2.    Max: "Frank often reads a book."
Max told me (that)

3.    Susan: "I'm watching TV."
Susan said to me (that)

4.    Simon: "David was ill."
Simon said (that)

5.    Peggy: "The girls helped in the house."
Peggy told me (that)

6.    Richard: "I am going to ride my skateboard."
Richard said to me (that)

7.    Stephen and Claire: "We have cleaned the windows."
Stephen and Claire told me (that)

8.    Charles: "I didn't have time to do my homework."
Charles remarked (that)

9.    Mrs Jones: "My mother will be 50 years old."
Mrs Jones told me (that)

10. Jean: "The boss must sign the letter."
Jean said (that)

11. Tim: "She works in an office."
Tim said (that) she

12. Jessica: "I am going to clean the room."
Jessica told me (that) she
.
13. Jeff: "They like the song."
Jeff said (that) they
.
14. Ian and Marvin: "We need new shoes."
Ian and Marvin remarked (that) they
.
15. Kathy: "He can speak Spanish."
Kathy told us (that) he
.
16. Teacher: "Rachel has never been to Philadelphia."
The teacher said (that) Rachel
.
17. Lucy: "The train didn't arrive on time."
Lucy said to Gerry (that) the train
.
18. Emma: "I'm sitting on the chair."
Emma said (that) she
.
19. Nick: "Walter doesn't eat meat."
Nick told us (that) Walter
.
20. Holly: "Abby and Nathan will travel to Alaska."

Holly remarked (that) Abby and Nathan 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario