jueves, 19 de septiembre de 2019

ACTIVITY REPORTED SPEECH

In the following table, you will find the different changes of place; demonstratives and time expressions.
Direct SpeechReported Speech
Time Expressions
todaythat day
nowthen
yesterdaythe day before
… days ago… days before
last weekthe week before
next yearthe following year
tomorrowthe next day / the following day
Place
herethere
Demonstratives
thisthat
thesethose



ACTIVITY

Finish the given sentences in Reported Speech

1. Tim: "She works in an office."
Tim said (that) she

2. Jessica: "I am going to clean the room."
Jessica told me (that) she

3. Jeff: "They like the song."
Jeff said (that) they

4. Ian and Marvin: "We need new shoes."
Ian and Marvin remarked (that) they

5. Kathy: "He can speak Spanish."
Kathy told us (that) he

6. Teacher: "Rachel has never been to Philadelphia."
The teacher said (that) Rachel

7. Lucy: "The train didn't arrive on time."
Lucy said to Gerry (that) the train

8. Emma: "I'm sitting on the chair."
Emma said (that) she

9. Nick: "Walter doesn't eat meat."
Nick told us (that) Walter

10. Holly: "Abby and Nathan will travel to Alaska."
Holly remarked (that) Abby and Nathan


11. John: "Mandy is at home."
John said (that)

12. Max: "Frank often reads a book."
Max told me (that)

13. Susan: "I'm watching TV."
Susan said to me (that)

14. Simon: "David was ill."
Simon said (that)

15. Peggy: "The girls helped in the house."
Peggy told me (that)

16. Richard: "I am going to ride my skateboard."
Richard said to me (that)

17. Stephen and Claire: "We have cleaned the windows."
Stephen and Claire told me (that)

18. Charles: "I didn't have time to do my homework."
Charles remarked (that)

19. Mrs Jones: "My mother will be 50 years old."
Mrs Jones told me (that)

20. Jean: "The boss must sign the letter."
Jean said (that)






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario